About Thomas A. Nicol
Whether you are dealing with your ex-spouse or a judge, it helps to have someone on your side used to dealing with animals.
Thomas A. Nicol has been practicing Family Law throughout the state of Texas since 1993. He is an accomplished negotiator and litigator with an in-depth knowledge of the state's courts and their procedures.
Recent successes for clients include the following:
- The Attorney General for the State of Texas alleged that a client owed $60,000.00 in back child support, was reporting it to credit bureaus, garnishing wages, and tax refunds. Mr. Nicol acted as lead counsel and tried the case, resulting in a ruling that client owed nothing in back child support before the litigation began.
- Mr. Nicol acted as lead counsel and obtained custody of three children for a father after mother had removed the children from school and denied father any visitation.
- Mr. Nicol successfully placed child in a drug-free home after proving to Court that custodial parent was using illegal substances.
- Mr. Nicol obtained a new trial for a client that was not aware his wife had gotten a divorce. Trial court reversed its previous ruling that wife was due $650,000 from marriage and husband due only $150,000. Mr. Nicol then negotiated a settlement favorable to his client.
Thomas A. Nicol is licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas to practice law in Texas courts.
- Elementary and High School in Dallas, Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelors of Business Administration
- Vanderbilt University, Juris Doctor
Affiliations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Northern District of Texas Federal Bar
Family Law Practice Areas:
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Post Divorce Modifications
- Child Support Collection and Defense